No text editing???

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Mon Aug 20 16:04:22 EDT 2001

Rich:

Speakup is as easy as asap.

Need I say more?

The numeric keypad works the same way ...

7 8 9 read a line -- previous current next in that order, just as in asap.

So, to answer you directly? How easy is to read the current line? It's as
easy as pressing 8 on the numeric keypad.

On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Rich Caloggero wrote:

> The one question I have, not being a speakup user myself, is how easy is it
> to ask it to read the line or word that I'm on. For example, if I use the
> arrow keys or whatever to read the screen in emacs under speakup and find a
> place where I want to make a change. My cursor is in the correct place, but
> I just want to hear some context now. Can I ask speakup to just read the
> line the cursor is on, or even read the sentence or paragraph which contains
> the cursor? I believe this is very different, and seems like an easier
> problem to the one of automatically figuring out and then reading an item
> after the cursor has been moved.
>
>                     Rich

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development
				Governmental Relations Group
				American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp