silencing Speakup on certain virtual consoles?

Shaun Oliver shauno at goanna.net.au
Mon Aug 20 06:08:08 EDT 2001

just to add to that, be sure to give yourself permissions 666 as root. or
else the cd player won't work when you are logged in as a normal user.
the command to do this is, as root, type "chmod 666 /dev/cdrom"
correct me if I'm wrong guys? I had to do it not that long ago.

shaun..

FEAR: Fear attracts the fearful, the strong, the weak, the innocent, the
corrupt
. FEAR: Fear is my alli.