Major problem with Speakup.

Gregory Nowak romualt at megsinet.net
Sat Aug 18 00:41:15 EDT 2001

Have you tried pppd?
Are you using a win modem with
Linux drivers, or a hardware modem?
Let us know some more, and maybe we can help.
Also, Scott and I have said this many a time
on the list.
Read the using the samba book if you really want
to learn about samba and if you have time
to read once in a while.
The book is some what enjoyable, and it is an easy read.
If you're interested, e-mail me privately,
And I'll send you the 5 mb zip file
(if you can recieve attachments that big).
If you can't recieve files that big, I can tell you
where to get it from.
Greg

P.S. You will never get to
understand and dare I say appreciate the buty of Linux
as a real os until You've decided to fully
plung into it.
I used to feel about it just like you,
until I decided to try not to use windows for a week, and find
Linux solutions for my everday tasks.
That choice did wonders for me in the end, and
I have never regretted it.
The only things Ireboot into Windows
for is openbook ruby and weatherbug.
Once you get used to Linux,
you will dread every reboot into windows.
Someone please correct me on the last statement if I'm at all wrong.

P.S.2 Is there a weatherbug console application for Linux?
If so, then please let me know where I can get it from.
I've looked on their sight, but the only thing they have
is the windows binary.