Major problem with Speakup.

Thomas D. Ward tward at bright.net
Thu Aug 16 17:20:19 EDT 2001

Hello, list. I have recently updated to Redhat 7.1. Also I have the 2.4.3.12 source code, and want to build a custom kernel.
Problem is that Speakup won't patch the kernel. It is driving me crazy. Somebody please give me as simple a fix for this problem as possible, or please release an updated Speakup that actually works with the 2.4.3 kernels and above.
Thanks, and please get back to me ASAP. I need to get this working not only for myself, but a fellow student who mmay need to take some Unix related classes, and I want to build him a kernel as well.