Installing Speakup with Kernel 2.4.7 fails

myrow24 at newsfeeds.com myrow24 at newsfeeds.com
Thu Aug 9 13:50:21 EDT 2001

I have been using Speakup with Slackware 7.1 and 2.2.18 kernel with no
problems.  I recently decided to give 2.4.7 a shot.  I upgraded modutils,
unpacked the source for 2.4.7, made sure I had the latest Speakup, and
tried running ./install from the Speakup directory.  I ended up getting
several rejected patches as a result.  Anybody else try a 2.4.7 kernel
with Speakup?  Here is the results of the attempt at an install.

Patching version v24 Creating .orig files [...................] done.
Patching files [ppppppp1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
/usr/src/linux/arch/ppc/config.in.rej ppppppppppp1 out of 8 hunks FAILED
-- saving rejects to file /usr/src/linux/scripts/lxdialog/checklist.c.rej
p3 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file
/usr/src/linux/scripts/lxdialog/menubox.c.rej ] done. Copying files
[ccccc] done.