what hardware do i need to use speakup

Jack Angel eternal at mailru.com
Tue Aug 7 08:36:31 EDT 2001

Well, I'm really newbie in voice synthesis. Nope, I've got no blind friends.
Just downloaded Slackware 8.0, and there were speak-up.txt file describing
that slackware is the first linux distribution to include it into kernel. So
I read this file and thought that even for not blind people this would be
good idea to have an ability to have something spoken up. Would software
synthesizer work with plain soundcard? If so, would you please give me some
download links

Thanks for answers, I really like all that linux maillists. Oh, and I'm
going into a week vacation today, so we'll be able to talk only week later.