A tail of two NICs - help needed

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Wed Aug 1 09:50:01 EDT 2001

Geoff,

If you have the (financial) resources I would recomend you look into
getting a couple low cost pci nics. I have seen these as low as $15 a
piece and they often even come with linux drivers (or use the ones already
there). It is then as simple as putting the first one in and getting it to
work, then adding an alias to have the second ome up. The only caveate is
that the order may not be as orginially thought. (The first one you place
in may be the second one enumerated and thus eth1 instead of eth0.) This
is a minor detail easily corrected with the cables though.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

The mind is like a parachute; it works much better when open.
If you're too open minded, your brains will fall out.