segmentation fault.

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Sun Apr 29 07:37:39 EDT 2001

Hi Shaun -
I am not familiar with the program you mentioned, but a "segmentation
fault" is a general purpose error message which is not very informative,
except that it should never happen in a quality program. It arises when a
process attempts to reference an address outside the range which has been
allotted to it by the operating system - such as an address in kernel
space, or perhaps the popular address "0:0" - which is what happens when a
null pointer is mistaken for an actual address. You could try recompiling,
it will not hurt!
Chuck