account permissions.

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Wed Apr 25 09:27:21 EDT 2001

You can specify the group that  a user should belong to when setting up
the account. How you do so varies with the methosd you use to add your
accounts.

If you use 'adduser' you will need the switch --gid
If you use 'useradd' you will need the switch -G
If you use linuxconf you will be prompted.

You can get the rest of the details be chacking the man page. (I hope you
installed those.) In fact, when I am not sure how to do something a check
the man page of the nearest command I know of to my desired action. I
won't claim that this is foolproof. Many manpages are great if you already
know and just need to jog your memory. Others are good even if you know
nothing about the problem at hand.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Nothing is hard if you know the answer or are used to doing it.