speakup

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Wed Apr 25 03:12:47 EDT 2001

On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, Kirk Wood wrote:

> In regards to the question someone else posed about the cvs version and
> 10a, I believe the cvs version requires a newer kernel build. I know the
> kernel underwent a major change that forced speakup to make major changes
> resulting in a situation where you can't run the latest cvs version
> without the newer kernels. Sorry, I don't remmeber all the details of
> where the split occurs.

That change was prior to speakup 0.10.  Speakup 0.09 will not run on kernel
2.2.18 or above, and speakup 0.10 will not run on kernel 2.2.17 or below,
or 2.4.0pre10 or below (I think).  AFAIK, speakup CVS will still run on
everything that 0.10A runs on, though I do suspect that some recent 2.4.x
kernels won't work with 10A (but I could be wrong about this).

Geoff.