remote booting

Nick Allan nallan at wdev.net
Sat Apr 21 16:35:34 EDT 2001

Hi all
I had a situation the other day that I hope someone can give me a
satisfactory solution to.
I needed to reboot one of my linux systems from work the other day.  It
just happens that the system I needed to reboot was running speakup.  It
took the system ages to come back online due to speakup speaking
absolutely everything during the startup sequence.  This is great when I'm
actually at the console, but a pain when i'm remote.
Other than switching the doubletalk lt off before I leave, does anyone
have any solutions to the above problem?

Regards Nick
nallan at wdev.net