redhat 7.1 bootdisks

Pete De Vasto pdevasto at incyte.com
Fri Apr 20 16:40:02 EDT 2001

Hi, all:

The concept of being able to do a "talking install" really is cool!  I'm a
system administrator, and I often get asked to do installs for users.  If I
used a "talking install", CD to get a system up and running, and then
wanted to turn a system over to a user who wouldn't need speech, am I right
that all I'd need to do is disable speakup loading from lilo.conf?  Or am I
making it too simple (smile).

Thanks,
Pete De Vasto
At 12:21 PM 4/20/01 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi Nick,
>
>      Absolutely!  If you just want the floppy images they can be found at
>ftp://speakup.octothorp.org/pub/redhat-7.1/
>If you want Speakup enabled ISO images suitable for burning, they can be
>found in the same place.  I used the CDROM images to install RH7.1 on two
>machines with success.
>

>           HTH.
>           Bill in Denver

Pete De Vasto
Unix Systems  Administrator           Phone:  650-621-8582
Incyte Genomics, Inc.                      Fax:    650-621-7607
3174 Porter Drive                             Mobile: 650-274-8670
Palo Alto, CA  94304                       Email:  pdevasto at incyte.com