samba help

Holmes, Steve SAHolmes at ahcccs.state.az.us
Tue Apr 17 10:34:08 EDT 2001

When someone says "it worked last week or yesterday but now it doesn't", I
always ask what changed? Did anything change on your system with regards to
configs?  What happens when the systems are rebooted?  Are your win boxes
win NT or 9X class machines?  If none of the windows boxes run NT, you might
consider making the Linux box the master browser.  Just uncomment the master
browser deal in the config file.  Read the comments that come with the Samba
config example; there is a wealth of information there.  I use Samba at home
and it works quite well with what is nearly a default taken from the
examples.  I don't use the linux printer stuff and I am more into having
shared disk space and home directories for individual users.

Hope this helps.