burning CD's in linux

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Mon Apr 16 23:40:00 EDT 2001

My understanding (and some may know better) is that making something in
the kernel makes the image larger and doesn't allow the code to exit if
the device fails to initialize. But it does make it load faster. I know
that building everything into my kernel makes a noticably faster boot.

As for using cdrcord and mkisofs go, things should go fine if you can
access your cdrom as a scsi device. As for the other CDROM, it will remain
as is by default. You can make it appear as a scsi device also.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Nothing is hard if you know the answer or are used to doing it.