burning CD's in linux

Brent Harding bharding at UFW2.COM
Sun Apr 15 18:44:14 EDT 2001

		I just attempted, not so long ago to boot a rh boot disk and it
recognized my ide CD burner, a creative labs one, as /dev/hdd, got first
two as my new and old hard drive and the third as the regular 36x CD-ROM I
always had. Will rh 7.0 automatically detect and set the burner up for use,
do I need this ide to scsi driver to make it work, my machine has no scsi
bus in it anyways, strictly ide. If I take a CD and use dd to turn it into
an image, can that image be mounted and modified before burning it back to
CD? What about bootable DOS CD's, add some files and change autoexec.bat to
load vocal-eyes demo and burn so I have a talking boot CD?