ViaVoice help

Jacob Schmude jacobs at surferie.net
Wed Apr 11 16:17:28 EDT 2001

Hi
     Well that's exactly what mine does. Speaks a few phrases and halts with
some odd errors, including a speech device initialization problem. OSS mods
are loaded. Odd thing is that it works fine with non-alsa drivers. The
errors don't seem to indicate a shared library problem outside of ViaVoice,
the return errors seem to come from ViaVoice-specific libraries alone,
though I'm not sure how relevant this is. What are the errors you are
getting, exactly?

     I doubt seriously that it's a shared C library problem. If it was, it
would have probably failed with a segmentation fault or would have
complained about a missing shared object.