specifying an ip

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Tue Apr 10 21:20:57 EDT 2001

I doubt it is an all or nothing situation with dhcp. If so, then we have
just found an area that microslop is better. I just really doubt this.

But having said that, I am wondering why you can't get gateway and dns
information from dhcp. The only thing I can come up with is that your
network admin people are goobers. Not that this would make them unique,
but this is basic dhcp stuff here. In fact, it is the primary reason dhcp
was implimented. The mere assigning of an ip address is easily handled by
bootp protocol.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Nothing is hard if you know the answer or are used to doing it.