xwindows/vmware problem

John Covici covici at ccs.covici.com
Mon Apr 9 10:58:53 EDT 2001

I have vmware on my Linux box, but the behaviour of x has changed and
I can no longer start it.

The problem is that what used to happen is that if the mouse was in
the vmware window, I was able to push an ok button for a message which
always comes up by tabbing once or twice and hitting enter or
spacebar.  Now the mouse has to be moved over the button and clicked
to get rid of the message and start the vmware boot.

The message is just to tell you that direct graphics cannot be
initialized and I have never found the way to have that working.

Is there a way I either can get the old behavior back or what would be
better to create some kind of event to push that ok button
automatically.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

--
         John Covici