point-to-point problem with speak_freely

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Sat Apr 7 10:12:59 EDT 2001

Hi:

The answer script is only created by sfspeaker when a connection is
received, so the script won't be killing off the current one.  I don't know
what exactly causes the localhost bit in the answer script, though I've
seen it before.  I think it has something to do with your system sending
out the busy tone.  Anyway, this won't be the cause of your problems as you
never run the sf-ans script yourself.

My advice is to remove the busy switch and try again, since it makes things
a little less complicated.  If it still doesn't work, then I think
something is busted.  But I suspect this already.  You might have to revert
back to the 7.2 release for point to point until we can track down the
problem.

Geoff.