using emacspeak and doubletalk lt with speakup

Chris Nestrud ccn at uark.edu
Sat Apr 7 02:46:06 EDT 2001

Hello all,
I have the modified doubletalk speech server (for emacspeak) which Matt
Campbell posted a few weeks ago. I can't get it to send text to the
synth. I'm using numpad-insert with enter to shut up speakup, but I seem
to remember a different command (numpad-insert with star?) that
supposedly did a better job of keeping speakup quiet. The definition for
this command doesn't appear to be in the speakup-0.10a keymap. Am I
going off-track?

Suggestions much-appreciated.

Chris