[cbbrowne at localhost.brownes.org: [NTLUG:Discuss] Fear and Loathing in Redmond...]

Stephen Dawes sdawes at gov.calgary.ab.ca
Wed Apr 4 10:43:31 EDT 2001

I think that this is a big hokes, and that someone somewhere is trying to
spread unnecessary fear!

I am basing my opinion on the fact that the only discussion that I have seen
on this topic has been generated on this list.  That is not to say that this
lists opinions are worthless.  However, I subscribe to a number of journals
which are e-mailed to me daily, some of which I have posted articles from
here in the past, and to a journal, not one of them have even mentioned this
issue.

The people that write the various journals that I receive, have been keeping
a close watch on Microsoft ever since the company was challenged in court
years ago, so I believe that something like what is being discussed here
would have been addressed.

Sorry to pop the bubble that is growing, but, I think that someone started
an April Fools Joke, and this discussion has bought it hock line and sinker.

Just my thoughts, $0.25 Canadian, on the subject!

Stephen Dawes B.A. B.Sc.
Web Business Office, The City of Calgary
PHONE:  (403) 268-5527. FAX: (403) 268-6423
E-MAIL ADDRESS:  sdawes at gov.calgary.ab.ca