Fear and Loathing in Redmond...]

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Wed Apr 4 10:52:09 EDT 2001

On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, David Poehlman wrote:
> I agree.  the part that was quoted here earlier did not make clear the
> rights we are giving away.  I sure hope people read this carefully and
> if you are in a position to act on it that you do so.  There should
> probably be some sort of class action or at least some sort of unlawful
> practice suit here.  This is sort of like telling the doctor that he can
> put a video of your naked body in surgery on tv without your knowledge
> or consent.

This is just a load of crap. Sorry, but when you use their service you
agree to the terms. They display them for you. If you are too damn lazy to
read them or don't bother then it is your fault and not theirs. They can't
force you to read the thing.

The analogy with the doctor is so totally bogus it is pathetic. And for
the record if you agree to be in a study then they _will_ use information
you provide for their business purposes.

Then again, I wonder why you would post a suggestion to a site and then
expect them to _not_ use it. That is just plain crap. You post because you
want them to use the information. Ever call a radio station? Guess what
they may have recorded it and reserve the right to play it on the
air. Oh, but maybe this is like the doctor being a perv.

Finally, I would like to remind people that you can choose to not use any
microslop site. You are not required to use their sites. If you use them
you agree to their rules. If you don't bother to read the rules you
deserve whatever you get. By the way, have you bothered to read your
bank's rules? Those are much more scary. (Or what about a rent contract?)

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Nothing is hard if you know the answer or are used to doing it.