[cbbrowne at localhost.brownes.org: [NTLUG:Discuss] Fear and Loathing in Redmond...]

Buddy Brannan davros at ycardz.com
Tue Apr 3 01:45:55 EDT 2001

Here's the relevant portion of the license agreement. Yep, it sounded
pretty standard right up to this point right here. (You know, saying
you only had the rights to your stuff, but not any other stuff sort of
thing), but...this next bit is disturbing. I only hope that Hotmail
doesn't have this same verbiage.

   LICENSE TO MICROSOFT
   By posting messages, uploading files, inputting data, submitting any
   feedback or suggestions, or engaging in any other form of
   communication with or through the Passport Web Site, you warrant and
   represent that you own or otherwise control the rights necessary to do
   so and you are granting Microsoft and its affiliated companies
   permission to:
    1. Use, modify, copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display,
       publicly perform, reproduce, publish, sublicense, create
       derivative works from, transfer, or sell any such communication.
    2. Sublicense to third parties the unrestricted right to exercise any
       of the foregoing rights granted with respect to the communication.
    3. Publish your name in connection with any such communication.

   The foregoing grants shall include the right to exploit any
   proprietary rights in such communication, including but not limited to
   rights under copyright, trademark, service mark or patent laws under
   any relevant jurisdiction. No compensation will be paid with respect
   to Microsoft's use of the materials contained within such
   communication. Microsoft is under no obligation to post or use any
   materials you may provide and may remove such materials at any time in
   Microsoft's sole discretion.

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV    | I choose you to take up all of my time.
Email: davros at ycardz.com | I choose you because you're funny and kind