Installing From Boot Disk

Pete De Vasto pdevasto at incyte.com
Sun Apr 1 13:54:28 EDT 2001

Hi, all:

I'm brand new to this list, so I'm sorry in advance if this has already been asked.  I'm new to speakup, as I learned about it at a Linux Accessibility conference that was held as part of CSUN a couple of weeks ago.  I was trying to instal speakup on my RedHat 7 Linux system so it would work with my Accent-SA.  I downloaded acntsab.bin, created the boot disk, and when I started my computer, it did start talking to me.  I tried doing the install from a RedHat 7 CD-ROM, and got through the install OK with the exception that the X-server configuration did not complete successfully.  I don't know if this would have made a difference, but when I rebooted the machine it did not come up talking.  What can I check, or what should I do differently if I try the install again?

I'll looked at the README file in the directory of boot disks, but if there's any other documentation I need to read, let me know.

Thanks, in advance, for any help.
--
Pete De Vasto
Unix Systems  Administrator           Phone:  650-621-8582
Palo Alto, CA  94304                       Email:  pdevasto at incyte.com