down for the count

Jacob Schmude jacobs at ncinter.net
Sat Sep 30 10:33:27 EDT 2000

Hi
	Personally, I'd go for a new system, and a linux upgrade to
match. Libc5 is becoming outdated fast, and some programs won't even
compile on it.
	You can go for the new dell systems with linux preinstalled, don't
know what distro they use or how it's configured, though. I bet they
configure it to come up in X windows, and that won't work for you. They
probably won't use slackware, so if you want to stick with that distro,
just get a new system with windlows preloaded, partition the disk, and put
slakware back on. That would probably be easier than messing around with
some vendor's configurations anyway.