Time restrictions on users' accounts

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Sat Sep 23 11:21:28 EDT 2000

I know I'm extremely late in answering this however in most systems you can define a file /etc/limits that is readable by root only and use the format:

username limits

where limits is a limit code followed with no space by the number of that limit.  For example to allow only 1 login session for rgallegos the line would read

rgallegos L1

I got this information off the shadow README.limits file is /usr/doc.  I'm running slackware so this might differ in other distros.