New user encountering problems

Brent Harding bharding at ufw2.com
Fri Sep 22 23:55:21 EDT 2000

I've liked debian for awhile, but tons of stuff won't compile, because the
locations of files are a little screwy. Why put stuff in non standard
places I don't know. How does one configure a redhat kernel when compiling
anyways? I'm thinking about using it some time, suppose I need the 3c59x
driver support for networking, can I config it like a normal kernel or does
redhat have tools to make this easier?