external synth

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Sun Sep 17 14:59:53 EDT 2000

I think it may be best to break this problem down. While we can establish
that the synth itself works with the use of another machine it will not
further assist with the target machine.

Next thing I noticed is that you can no longer get your synth to work on
the target machine with a DOS boot disk and screen reader. Since this used
to work, I think we can safely say it is probably not a linux problem.

Can you get sighted assistance? I wonder if your serial ports are
configured correctly. Did the target machine have an working OS with
speech in its current configuration before starting with Linux? I suspect
you have a port problem. Since you seem to be familiar with DOS I would
stick to the DOS boot disk and get it to work properly with the desired
synth before going forward. If the hardware isn't configured properly all
bets are off.

--
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net