dsl and the confusedness the howto brings about various protocols

Tommy Moore stp at odysseus.yi.org
Tue Sep 12 14:35:00 EDT 2000

Yes, this is fine for most people, but as I've stated before there's such a thing as ip spoofing so that when people connect they'll look like they've came from your internal subnet but actually their comming from somewhere else. A budy of mine proved this to me a couple of hours ago. heh, I didn't actually think he'd be able to get at the internal network, but once he started giving me machine names and shares on these machines I knew he had it. So it depends on the person and what your protecting. If it's just a couple of machines are your not a big target or anything you should be ok with on NIC, but if you've got lots of machines with criticle data better install the second one.