NIC...

Terry D. Cudney tcudney at home.com
Mon Sep 11 19:57:19 EDT 2000

Hi guys,
	Frank says that things on the reflector have been quiet lately. I'm trying to get back on. I did a STUPID thing as root and blew my redhat 6.2 away. I got it rebuilt enough to run and here I am with PINE for email, but ALSA and SpeakFreely aren't reinstalled on RedHat.

	Anyway, I'm switching to Debian. I now have a triple boot system, Win98, RH6.2 and Debian 2.2. I'll be phasing out the RedHat installation and moving to Debian, but I've had some difficulty.
Question: Has anyone installed Pine on Debian Potato? There appear to be apt packages for a debianized pine on the mirrors, but I haven't found any instructions on how to apply the diffs to a stock Pine source tree (a la the one from metalab, a gzipped tarball) There doesn't seem to be a pine source package on the Debian mirrors. Any pointers you Debian gurus can offer will be much appreciated.

	There are alsa packages on the Debian mirrors, so that's the next step... to get alsa/SpeakFreely up on Debian here.

	Thanks guys,

--
		--terry

Name:	Terry D. Cudney
Phone:	(905)735-6127
E-mail:	terry at wasagacottage.com
WWW:	www.wasagacottage.com
Postal:	18 Colbeck Drive, WELLAND, ON L3C 5B5