dsl and the confusedness the howto brings about various protocols

Terry D. Cudney tcudney at home.com
Sun Sep 10 20:32:19 EDT 2000

Hi Kirk,
	Thanks for your offer! I have two cards... not identical, but I think they should work. One is a D-Link DE-220 (ISA/ne2k), the other is a 3C509b. The D-Link has the RJ45 connector for the cble modem. The 3C509b has the BNC connector for my lan which is running on coax (10base-2) not 10base-T. I don't have a hub in my lan. With the '386 running as gateway/firewall</server for dial-in connections to my lan and/or to the internet) I hope that this will work OK. Any other observations/suggestions will be appreciated.

tHANKS AGAIN,

--
		--terry

Name:	Terry D. Cudney
Phone:	(905)735-6127
E-mail:	terry at wasagacottage.com
WWW:	www.wasagacottage.com
Postal:	18 Colbeck Drive, WELLAND, ON L3C 5B5