Voice Synthesizers

Brent Harding bharding at ufw2.com
Fri Sep 8 18:22:55 EDT 2000

Was this new rom that caused the speech to do this, or were they using an
extremely old double talk? Are the speech tables loaded in to the double
talk on that chip? This happened with jfw, for win 3.11, which I never
really liked anyways. It was a machine they had set up for me to use in the
lab, seeing at that time they didn't have 95 on all the machines, I'd have
chosen linux if it was my decision, but if I printed something written with
pico, it wouldn't have the right formatting that ms word does. I don't use
that system any more, as I don't use that old lab now anyways.
At 09:17 PM 9/7/00 -0700, you wrote:

>You call RC systems and have them send you a new chip there is surely
>someone around itat can change it for you if you can't.
>
>As for the wierd sound I agree the same thing happened at the school I
>was working at till I relized after changing the rom you need to get the
>newest speech tables for some programs like the older openbook and the
>programs like ASap.  Believe me the new roms do nothing but talk better.
>
>KenOn
>Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Brent Harding wrote:
>
>> How does one update the rom? I have double talk PC, and am scared about
>> getting new ones, as a double talk I heard at school sounded awefull
>> compared to my double talk at home. That one seemed to pronounce words
>> awkwardly, like accenting a j sound in 100 for say, and using other odd
>> things I hated.
>> At 08:25 PM 9/6/00 -0700, you wrote:
>> >

>> >Hmm I have never had a problem with my LT but then I use it with Asap
>> >and those two work together like a charm you also have to keep the rom
>> >up to date.  When I got the first LT it wasa bit chopy and slow but a
>> >few weeks later I got the new rom from then on it has rocked.
>> >
>> >KenOn Wed, 6 Sep

They are