booting with speakup installed, with no synth attached

Geoff Shang gshang10 at scu.edu.au
Fri Sep 8 02:05:57 EDT 2000

On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Victor Tsaran wrote:

> I believe, if it doesn't speak after you plug in synth, you could press
> insert+enter several times to get kernel restart the Doubletalk synth.

Nada.  don't think so.  The way I understand it, and I'm surprised Kirk
hasn't commented on this yet, is that currently speakup will only load IF
the synth is detected at boot-up.  If it is not, speakup is bi-passed for
the entire session.  What you say WILL work IF the synth is detected, then
becomes unavailable later and is then re-attached.

Having said all that, the mods set for speakup development which would see
the ability to load synth modules should solve this one.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <gshang10 at scu.edu.au>
ICQ number 43634701