booting with speakup installed, with no synth attached

Brent Harding bharding at mail.ufw2.com
Wed Sep 6 17:26:15 EDT 2000

Of course, if they do reboot, they do it at night, when nobody's usually
their anyway. It looks like I'm going to have to convince the admin to
allow the shutdown to upgrade from redhat 5.2 to 6.2, wouldn't have to if
speakup worked with 2.0.6x kernels that came with that distro. That
probably should've been done long ago, but maybe that's just the CD he has
for installing linux on systems now. I wonder if things could be done by
telnet, so all it'd take is a reboot. I could probably dig up speakup 0.08
off the ftp site, I used to use it at home with no problems.