booting with speakup installed, with no synth attached

Brent Harding bharding at mail.ufw2.com
Tue Sep 5 18:33:16 EDT 2000

	Can linux successfully boot a speakup kernel with it's synth not attached?
I might be running some systems for a job some day that I might put speakup
on and use my dectalk express, so that a/b switches can be used to switch
control from one machine to another. If these machines use cron to reboot
some time late at night, will they come online again without the
synthesizer, as I'd not be looking forward to having someone have to help
me flip the switches as each machine comes up, or to even have to go in to
connect the synth to make them reboot?