Any update on booting Problem

Victor Tsaran vtsaran at nimbus.ocis.temple.edu
Mon Sep 4 16:36:07 EDT 2000

Hi, Bruce!
Are you sure that your synth is working fine? Usually, kernel with Speakup
would freeze the computer in case if it doesn't find any synthesizer and
doesn't receive any signals back from the serial port. If you are sure that
the cable on your synth is working fine, then try to pass speakup_ser
parameter to the kernel. You would type something like:

ramdisk speakup_ser=0

[or whatever port you are using]. Please make sure that the synthesizer you
are using is supported by Speakup.
Best,
Vic