which redhat CD's to get

Brent Harding bharding at ufw2.com
Sat Oct 28 15:03:46 EDT 2000

What does that package do? Does it solve that so called mixed kernel and
headers issue? Will it be safe to use the kernel on the boot disk after
installation, as I know redhat will copy it's own kernel in off the CD, or
do I need to keep from rebooting and compile while I still have speech (if
ppp is available in that kernel). Does the compilation with speakup in it
turn in to an rpm that I'd have to install with rpm -i?
It'll be an experience installing with 1 disk instead of using both a root
and boot disk separately. Hopefully I'll be able to use fdisk to get the
partitions set up, but I probably can just use the option to skip it and
reinitialize the partition I already have, just saving /etc/asound.conf to
restore alsa when I get to that.