new user needs advice

Geoff Shang gshang10 at scu.edu.au
Fri Oct 27 04:21:08 EDT 2000

Hi:

Linux is pretty accessable.  You can't use anything that uses the Xwindows
interface yet, but this is not like DOS vs. windows.  X is merely an
interface and programs that run in text mode can do just as much as their X
counterparts.  We also can't use anything that uses svgalib or stuff like
that.  Having said this, there's lots you can access and most of us here on
this list are doing just fine under linux.  I've been using linux for about
20 months, and I find I'm doing less and less in windows, and I like this.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <gshang10 at scu.edu.au>
ICQ number 43634701