partial success - still need help

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.eu.org
Thu Oct 26 01:19:10 EDT 2000

That driver doesn't emulate the hardware; it only emulates the int14 bios
interface and no interrupts. The dectalk PC is not a serial device at all;
it just _looks_ like one to your screen reader and software hence there is no
current speakup driver for it but it is beeing worked on.
Basically you can't do it. use a serial console. I don't understand why this
isn't an option it works perfectly well for me and has done so for the last 7
years. All my applications redraw properly; use ncsa telnet or mskermit
as previously stated.