partial success - still need help

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Wed Oct 25 21:51:26 EDT 2000

On Wed, 25 Oct 2000, tyler spivey wrote:

> ok, i can make speakup probe for my decpc, i set speakup for decext.
> i am using commo term prog, i set capture to com3 mode raw.
> when i use say line or shut up, it takes several minutes to process the data.
> what could cause this? would dectalk express driver cause a better delay?

I am guessing your synth is on what DOS would call com1. As such it would
be sharing an IRQ with com3. Since they share an IRQ when you issue a
command for the synth, it must wait in line for the activity on com3 to
subside. The answer isn't drivers. The answer is reconfigure your
hardware. In dos you can actually make continous use of com1 com2 and
com5. Skip 3 and 4.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net