which prebuilt linux boxes seem to work best?

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Wed Oct 25 09:33:35 EDT 2000

> Sadly NT has mail and office interoperability that Linux does not have
> currently. A correctly configured exchange server can do amazing such as
> scheduling and the like; ldap lookups, if you send a message to multiple ppl
> under exchange 2000 it creates 1 copy on the server and clones it when the users
> read it a great space saver. I want that functionality for Linux and a decent
> mailer that understands x.400 and ldap :-)

The product is available though not for free. HP Open Mail will run on
either NT, Linux and a couple other Unix varients. It is a nearly
identical equivelant of Exchange. You can obtain a lisense for home use,
or charitable organizations for $0.00. The limitation is that it will only
handle up to 50 people on that lisense. Further lisense additions run $50
per user in 50 user blocks. That is what our organization is paying for
Exchange lisenses and we are a large organization. Uopshot is though not
free, I think it would be cheaper the Exchange.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net