which prebuilt linux boxes seem to work best?

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Mon Oct 23 22:55:42 EDT 2000

I would not work for any group that regularly reboots their servers. It is
a sign of incompetancy. I don't care if they are NT servers or
Linux. Rebooting daily or even weekly is a sign of trouble. It is a band
aid to last until the problem is resolved. It is not a fix. There have
been production NT servers running for long periods of time as well.

While you are sweating running the Linux servers from the console, perhaps
you should worry about how you will run the NT servers. Got news - the
cost of a screen reader is quite high. And unlike Unix varients, there are
things you must use the console to do. (Though even these are not routine
items.)

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net