best way to install linux to a laptop

Brent Harding bharding at ufw2.com
Fri Oct 20 18:25:15 EDT 2000

Can iso's be patched? I mean, upload the master speakup enabled CD, and
have patches to apply to the image file only, so I could do something like
dd if=/dev/cdrom of=speakup.cd, and use diff some how to get the patch
files to patch each synth in?
I tried doing it with wave files, and it didn't work.