best way to install linux to a laptop

Stephen Dawes sdawes at gov.calgary.ab.ca
Thu Oct 19 09:31:50 EDT 2000

Does the laptop in question have a network card.  If so, then I would
installing over a network.  This would eliminate the need to swap the CD-ROM
and floppy drives.  By having the CD copied, or possibly mounted on another
machine, you only need to do a few simple thing when starting the install
over a network, and the rest is as though you are doing everything with in
the same computer.

I hope that this doesn't muddy the waters any.

BTW, Bill, WB2FLW, walked me through such an install just last weekend.

Stephen Dawes B.A. B.Sc.
Web Business Office, The City of Calgary
PHONE:  (403) 268-5527. FAX: (403) 268-6423
E-MAIL ADDRESS:  sdawes at gov.calgary.ab.ca