best way to install linux to a laptop

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Thu Oct 19 03:02:37 EDT 2000

> > Debian. I think I might play with making a Debian CD with the modified
> > base2-2.tgz file myself.
>
> Only problem with this Buddy is the vexing question of synth selection.  If
> you can devise a good way to pick the synth to use, let us know.

Actually I have an idea here. But I don't have all the needed
knowledge. If one can make a boot floppy that allows for a selection of
kernels to load, then it shouldn't be too hard. Or one could reley on
booting to the dreaded dos with cdrom drivers. Then launch loadlin with
the appropriate kernel image from there.

The other thing one could do is to make several ISO images for CDs based
on which synth was being used. If concerned about the size of download,
one could only include a minimum of stuff for the installation.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net