speakup on a sparc

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.eu.org
Wed Oct 18 22:14:21 EDT 2000

I don't currently have the specs on the 8530 and they are different from
the 8250/16550. I'd recommend emailing the guy who wrote the z8530
driver and see if he can get you specs. Note however that with the sparc
kernel; you can't opt to compile the serial ports out, in fact they are
compiled in regardless no choice. Whatever you say you get serial support.
Why? Because the console might be on a serial port and the kernel must cope
with this.
For this reason it might be advisable to talk to the serial driver rather than
the ports ddirectly. Ask the guy who wrote the driver for these chips he'd
know best. I'll keep my eyes out for a sparc for you :-)

Regards, Kerry.