network configuration problem

Brent Harding bharding at ufw2.com
Tue Oct 17 20:21:10 EDT 2000

Cool, the error was a conflicting types error, I think, how fun using vi
and putting /* in front of all these declarations in a file called comm.c.
Then I get undefined crypt or something like that in some game specific files.
I was thinking seeing zipspeak has more sane defaults, I'd try it, and
installed linuxinc.tgz to fix somewhat, but still had the same thing
happen. I guess the base install of debian didn't give me near as much as
the base of zipspeak did, and I never knew what package a program wants. I
guess they assume you have a standard system like that presented when
logging in to most isp's.