help with alsa/sblive

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Fri Oct 13 11:33:37 EDT 2000

Can someone please help me with the installation of the alsa  drivers
(version 5.9) with my new sound card, an "sblive" device? I compiled the
alsa-drivers, alsa-lib, and alsa-utils after configuring with the options
"--with-isapnp=yes" and "--with-sb16" (there was no choice show;n for
'sblive' in the list of cards). The three packages compiled and installed
as modules okay. I next plugged in my old lines from the previous setup
(version 4.1 of also with the awe-64 card) together witrh the 'modprobe'
lines that loaded them. My bootup messages tell me that no sb16 cards can
be found and the modules fail to load properly. If this is all too
confusing, I apologize - but I am all too confused myself.

Questions: Is 'sb16' the right choice for compiling the alsa drivers for
an sblive card? If not, then what is? Next, are there a different set of
aliases needed for the 5.9 version of alsa? If so, can someone please send
them to me? Any other suggestions are most welcome...

Chuck.

My web site is http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh
It does not matter if you fall down as long as you
pick up something from the floor while you get up.