email with zipspeak

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Mon Oct 9 17:52:03 EDT 2000

Hi Geoff -
No thing special here - I just opened the package, did a "make" and the
moved the binary to a directory on the path (/usr/local/bin). Right now I am
back in DOS with nettamer and cannot check the bversion I am using, but it
is the one distributed by the new maintainer Erik Di Castro in Australia. He
apparently took over the package from its original author in order to fix a
bug or two that was urgent. As I recall, the command line format would be
something like this:

vsound -f filename.wav trplayer filename.rm

It runs silently, since what it does is intercept library calls to the
/dev/dsp device. I have not had any failures with it, and in fact the afix
program defers to it to convert .rm files to .wav. Once I get my Linux box
back from the hospital I will check out the version and the URL where the
current vsound can be had.

Chuck.