hearing the audio from a remote system

Brent Harding bharding at ufw2.com
Mon Oct 9 18:24:49 EDT 2000

On my machine, my sblive's output is the speaker jack, but I need this for
the speakers. How does the speakfreely mechanism work? Would I use amixer
to set my recording to PCM on the remote machine, have it connect to sfr
and I connect to sfr to listen to it?
I know people have played music over that before, but now getting standard
out from trplayer to encode to a bitrate I can use to stream it. Especially
stuff like nettalk, which is broadcast over a real server.